Most enterprise leaders of the IT world are faced with a primary challenge: complexity. According to the Global CEO Study which was held in 2010, nearly 79 percent expect more and more complexity in the future since there is an incredible interconnection between all types of physical and digital infrastructures.
It is a challenge for CEOs to connect with customers in innovative ways and even formulate and realize operations with utmost speed and flexibility. By leveraging cloud computing and SaaS to deliver services less expensive ways, companies are trying to be cost-effective. Cloud computing involves the deployment of network-based applications in a shared environment thus facilitating prompt service delivery and superb value.
Cloud computing offers much more advantages than traditional application deployment models since it is built around scalable development resources, and involves less costly maintenance. It also has the ability to deliver consistent offerings through a variety of channels. Cloud computing helps out businesses to collaborate with other companies and combine services for better profitable returns.
Developing cloud-based applications should revolve around the unique requirements of SaaS. Rarely do cloud providers deliver the promise of cloud application development. The successful ones are even efficient in building custom cloud applications and are ready to deliver all services ranging from planning to design, application development and its deployment.
Here are some typical attributes of an ideal Cloud Application Environment:
- Robust architecture - The basic attribute of cloud applications is its capability of having a single application instance for supporting multiple clients while also meeting high service levels. This approach offers many advantages including the overall ease of maintenance and optimum use of existing resources. One needs robust cloud architecture since this directly affects performance. The overall security and integrity of data is under question here.
- Performance and scalability - All cloud computing vendors need to have resources which can be up scaled or downscaled rapidly and seamlessly. The cloud resources need to be ready to address dynamic user demand and all applications need to keep this in mind.
- Virtualization benefits - The efficient use of resources is the prime benefit offered by cloud services. One can take advantage of virtualized IT environments and drive greater business value too.
- Self-service - Cloud applications are built and designed so that they can be modified and accessed to reduce operational expenses and a better user experience.
- Pay-as-you-use - With cloud applications, one does not have to pay upfront software license fees. Hence, most app functions monitor and charge for the overall usage. This flexible model helps clients to save on overall capital expenditures.
- Compatible to multiple devices - Today's consumers want to gain services which can be accessible from anywhere and everywhere, no matter which platform they use. From the cloud, one should be able to design applications which can be delivered on multiple devices.
- Security - The cloud virtual environments should address security and privacy challenges since most organizations repose their trust on the cloud services. The right application design is essential for protecting sensitive data, and for addressing regulatory compliance.
Elan Emerging Technologies is a Leading Web development Company that provides Cloud Development and Cloud Computing Services by highly experienced Cloud web Apps developers with best technical support.