The goal of Microsoft's partner management teams was to crack sales. Microsoft partners have a huge amount of choices, including Linux and thin-client solutions; hence the company provides some strategic content and collateral's with huge marketing benefits. There are some technical benefits after one becomes a Microsoft Development Partner with different competencies.
- By sharing technical data and other important resources with its elite set of partners, Microsoft makes sure that the third-party products meet the goals.
- Partners also might get early releases of new Microsoft operating systems and applications, access to the technical SDK and some well-designed Microsoft templates which contain the technical details of a particular solution.
- All partners also get access to important Microsoft communities, sites or newsgroups. The communities help in solving problems related to any of the issues that partners might be facing.
- Some communities including the developer communities like Developer Network (MSDN) have been around from many years and some have come up to face typical issues.
- Here are some Marketing Benefits associated with Microsoft development in the partner community.
- Microsoft measures the customer base in millions and has expanded every year with each passing software release.
- Its customers include eminent business and institutional settings since the company has been able to advertise its solutions with a wide reach and even helped its partners profit from the reach.
- Partners benefit from marketing campaigns that is organized by Microsoft without having to bear expenses.
- The Windows Marketplace includes thousands of software releases and solutions along with 50,000 hardware items sold and bought by partners.
- Diverse quality of marketing collateral and campaigns are presented and produced by Microsoft which can then be used by their partners or solution providers.
- Solution providers and partners can easily complement Microsoft offerings by making use of new markets and solutions.
- One can make use of go-to-market campaigns which make use of opportunities and help in gathering partners to support them.
A close partnership with Microsoft can help its partners in Microsoft solution development and implementation and also help them to reduce marketing and sales costs. Most partners can recover the direct costs associated with the fees for program participation along with other certifications.
The product releases are up-to-date on time and hence there are less risks associated with failure of delivery.
Microsoft's success has a dominant factor in its software which can run on every PC and the low costs can help partners to develop attractive packages for tailored business requirements.
Microsoft has a huge partner ecosystem all over the world which helps the company to save on costs and also the aim to serve small customers which the company would not be able to serve easily.
The strong network of partners and the family of Microsoft's products has been a major reason for the success of most software based companies. Partners can take help from other partners and get tips from the partner program for successfully delivering solutions using Microsoft software.